Crop Pictures Into Shapes
Do you want to crop pictures into shapes? MockoFun – it’s a free photo shape editor among many others!
With MockoFun you can crop picture to shape and also, you can make awesome collage shapes in just a few minutes.
Let’s find out how to fill a shape with a picture and create awesome photo effects.
Crop Picture Into Shape
So, how to crop pictures into shapes online in just a few steps? First, open the MockoFun and create a new document. You can choose one of the document presets or you can choose a custom size.
To add a picture you can use one of these methods:
- Upload your photo. On the left menu, click on the Uploads tab if you want to load your photo online.
- Pick a photo from gallery. On the left menu go to Elements > Photos and search for an image and use a photo from the gallery.
Click on the photo to add it on your canvas. The photo will added in a new layer (see the Layers tab)
Go to Elements > Shapes and add a shape to crop the image into a shape. The shape will act like a layer mask for your photo.
We have hundreds of free vector shapes that you can use for free. The shapes are grouped into categories:
- Birds & Animals
- Characters & People
- Food & Drink, etc
If you want to use geometric shapes like circle, rectangle, triangle, etc, go to the Geometric category. For this tutorial I will use a heart shape. You can use the search bar to find the shape.
TIP: Use any shape you want for the mask.
You can even use PNG cutout images from Elements > PNGs. Or, you can use your own shape. Go to Uploads to load your shape. It’s important to upload a PNG image with transparent background to use as mask.
You can drag the corner handlers to resize the shape or you can do it afterwards.
To crop picture to shape, click on the photo to select it. Then, click on the Add Mask button.
You are asked to choose another object to use as a mask for the current object. It is similar with the create a Clipping Mask process used in Photoshop and other graphic design tools.
After you added the mask, here are the things that you can do:
- Resize the Mask – Click on the Mask from the Layers tab and drag the corners to resize it.
- Resize or move the Image – Click on the Image layer and do the transformation that you need.
- Move the image and the shape – Select both layers; keep the SHIFT key pressed and click on the Mask layer and Image layer to select them both.
- Replace the image – Click on the Replace Object button to quickly change the image with another image.
- Download the result – Click on the Download button from the left menu to download the result as JPG, PNG or PDF for print – Use the PNG format if you want the image with transparent background.
- Remove the Mask – To remove the mask, select the image and click on the Release Mask button.
Replace the Image
You can easily replace the image inside the mask. Simply click on the Replace Object button and choose another image from Elements > Photos or from Uploads.
Crop Image Online
After you cut shape out of image, the result is a much smaller photo. So, before downloading the image, you have to crop it.
Luckily for you, with MockoFun you can crop image online for free! To crop photo, use the button called Crop Image from the bottom right menu.
Download the Image
To download the image, click on the Download button from the left menu to download the result.
Choose image file format: JPG, PNG or PDF for print. Download as PNG file if you want the image with transparent background.
What about text? Yes, you can use text as mask for your pictures. Fill text with image online using MockoFun.
To create a text mask, all you have to do is to use a Text instead of a shape. Go to Text tab from the left menu and add a text. Choose the Photo layer, click on the Add Mask button and choose the Text layer.
Create collage shapes like the one shown in the preview image. To make an image like this, the process is a little different.
1. So, go to Elements > Shapes > Geometric and choose the Rectangle shape. Resize the rectangle to cover the canvas and change the color to white.
2. Add another shape that you want to act as mask for your collage. I will choose a Bird shape from the Birds & Animals category. Resize the shape to its final size.
3. Click on the Rectangle layer to select it. Then click on the Add Mask button and choose the Bird shape as mask.
4. Go to the Layers tab and click on the Invert Mask button.
5. Go to Layers tab and lock the Rectangle layer.
6. Now, you can add your pictures. Go to Elements > Photos and add pictures. To add your own photos, use the Uploads button.
Click on the image and use the Send backward button to add the image inside the shape.
Add the other photos and the Send backward button to add the image inside the shape. Use the Bring Forward button to arrange the pictures.
You can create really interesting collage images playing with different shapes.
It is important to know that the result image has a white background. So, you can NOT save it as PNG with transparent background.
MockoFun is a great photo editor. You can create interesting photo effects with MockoFun. Make a trendy hexagon collage in just a few minutes using the hexagon shape found in the Elements > Shapes > Geometric category. It will look awesome!
Crop Picture Into Circle
Now you know how to crop pictures into shapes and to create awesome collage shapes. With MockoFun you can do all these online.
And most of all it’s free and easy to use. So, have fun with MockoFun!
YOU KNOW IS FUN. IT’S MOCKOFUN.
75% of marketers use visual assets
Unleash your creativity and make awesome designs. You don’t need to be a graphic designer to create something amazing!
Learn MockoFun from these quick tutorials for beginners. It’s quite easy!